Thursday, April 7, 2016

The most adorable, sexist play I've ever seen

 Bode was in the 2nd grade musical this week. He and his bros were roosters.
Their only job was to heckle the "cute chicks." 
 Bode saw these pictures and said, "Hey, there are supposed to be four chicks hanging on me. Someone wasn't doing their job." 
With that attitude there should be NO chicks hanging on that little chauvinistic rooster (perhaps he should have been a pig ;).
But all joking (sort of) aside, I sincerely loved seeing these little jocks in their barnyard costumes. It reminds me that they are still innocent little boys.
 Bode is so blessed to be surrounded with this group of snaggle-toothed kids. They still think girls are weird and terrifying, they smell like wet puppy dogs and their parents aren't jerks. What more could a parent ask for?



3 comments:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Love his comment! Honestly, I saw a clip this week of a portion on Facebook and was a little appalled at the chick dance. Of course I didn't see it in context. Then I started thinking about what kinds of things my kids did in their programs. Hard to remember!

Aubrie said...

Seems he has gotten past stage fright just fine...

Chellie said...

Brixton's class did the same little play and he was the only rooster (love how different schools do it all so differently). He didn't heckle the girls though, rather they all gathered around him and sang... because that's exactly what a kindergartener who thinks all the girls love him needs is the whole class of girls at his beckon cockadoodle doodle doodle doodle doo.
I love Bode's costume. Such cute little guys. They do grow up so fast.